The Human Resources Specialist administers HR processes for the facility, including benefits,
talent acquisition, talent development, payroll, safety, and health and wellness initiatives. This
position guides and supports facility management with employment related matters and
ensures legal and company policies and procedures are adhered to. Works with management
to support conflict resolution.
• Support and train subordinate staff to ensure objectives are
completed and deadlines are met; complete annual performance
• Participate in the administration of programs, policies and guidelines
to help align the workforce with company strategic goals.
• Support the exit interview process to identify and address retention
trends, patterns and issues.
• Work with management to assess, develop and implement
engagement strategies (communication, recognition, employee
• Champion employee recognition and engagement events.
• Develop and maintain successful working relationships and provide
effective HR support.
• Research internal employee complaints and suggest solutions to
management. Maintain an open dialog with the HR Manager on
• Build and maintain a professional network to stay abreast of HR
• Administer the recruiting process for hourly employees using standard
recruiting and hiring practices. Oversee job postings, applicant
screening, interview scheduling and candidate selection.
• Update and maintain the applicant tracking system.
• Plan for hiring ramp-ups during seasonal peaks in business.
• Coordinate temporary agency workforce processes if required.
• Ensure a smooth transition and appropriate onboarding for
employees in new positions.
• Identify new candidate sourcing methods, including job fairs, career
events and network building. Schedule and attend events.
Professional and Technical
• Ensure compliance with local, state and federal labor laws
• Advise management and employees on the interpretation of HR
programs, policies and applicable laws and regulations. Ensure fair
treatment and equitable application.
• Monitor and assist with the collection and management of employee
records, including personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data,
attendance, performance reviews and terminations.
• Promote active safety awareness and ensure timely safety training
• Partner with management to maintain a union-free environment.
• Participate in the investigation of issues related to harassment,
discrimination, retaliation, etc.
• Support the performance management program by mentoring and
providing feedback and development opportunities for hourly
• Deliver facility training to management and employees, as directed.
• Support the implementation of new HR programs and practices.
• Communicate changes in HR related policies and benefit plans.
• Develop and compile reports in support of business needs (e.g.
turnover, engagement, affirmative action, performance metrics, etc.)
collect and interpret data, identify and analyze trends, and formulate
• Identify recurring HR-related issues, identify root causes and provide
recommendations and solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, a related field or equivalent years of related work
• Strong knowledge of employment laws and government regulations
• Ability to analyze, interpret and apply various laws, policies and procedures
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle employee issues with sensitivity
• Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills; capacity to learn new systems as required
• Experience working with iCIMS, PeopleSoft, AS400, preferred
• 3+ years of progressive experience within Human Resources
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401k.
We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and empowered to contribute equally. We want to foster a culture of belonging for all employees, and we are focused on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent. We believe our differences make us stronger, and for this reason, we are committed to diversity and inclusion practices in our organization
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Software Powered by iCIMS