This position manages all aspects of human resources for the facility, including day-to-day activities and strategic HR programs. This role utilizes an understanding of business operations to assess and implement HR Programs to increase organizational effectiveness and build workforce capability and talent. The Manager partners with corporate HR on initiatives and is a change agent who can assess current situations, anticipate challenges and provide solutions.
· Lead and direct HR processes to support the achievement of facility performance metrics in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity and employees.
· Trusted advisor and liaison between the business and HR to ensure HR services are aligned with internal needs.
· Determine the best path to provide high quality service.
· Anticipate HR-related business needs and proactively address.
· Manage the exit interview process to identify and address retention trends, patterns and issues.
· Work with facility leaders to assess, develop and implement engagement strategies (communication, recognition, employee involvement).
· Develop and maintain successful working relationships to influence and provide effective HR support.
· Partner with facility leaders and employees to resolve employee relation issues, improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
· Build and maintain a professional network to stay abreast of HR trends.
· Manage the recruitment processes for all positions, including job descriptions, job postings, applicant screening, interview scheduling and candidate selection.
· Collaborate with facility leaders and hiring managers to ensure best practices are utilized in hiring, selection and offer processes. Provide training and guidance.
· Ensure a smooth transition and appropriate on-boarding for employees in new positions.
Professional and Technical
· Ensure compliance with local, state and federal labor laws (US) and local, provincial and federal laws (Canada).
· Advise management and employees on the interpretation of HR policies and applicable laws and regulations.
· Oversee the collection and management of employee data and records (e.g. personal data, benefits, attendance, etc.)
· Manage safety, ergonomics, workers’ compensation and health & wellness processes. Promote active safety awareness.
· Provide leadership and development to the facility HR team.
· Direct performance management processes for the facility. Assist management in the proper preparation and completion of assessments.
· Identify and deliver training using the HR toolkit.
· Provide structured support in managing talent and performance issues.
· Partner with Corporate HR in the development of programs, procedures and guidelines.
· Champion new HR programs and practices to increase levels of employee engagement and the organization’s capacity.
· Partner with management to implement and drive change programs in support of business strategies and initiatives.
· Review, interpret and analyze a variety of data (e.g. exit interviews, turnover data, etc.), identify recurring HR-related issues or opportunities, conduct trend analysis, identify root causes and provide recommendations and solutions based on findings.
· Track and report turnover, engagement, affirmative action, and business unit performance metrics.
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401k.
We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and empowered to contribute equally. We want to foster a culture of belonging for all employees, and we are focused on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent. We believe our differences make us stronger, and for this reason, we are committed to diversity and inclusion practices in our organization
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Software Powered by iCIMS