AAI/Spalding is a major sports equipment manufacturing company located in Jefferson, Iowa owned by Spalding; a division of Fruit of the Loom, an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., & leading international basic apparel company.
We currently have an opening for Material Handler Shipper. This position loads, unloads and moves materials within or near plant, yard or work site by hand, pallet jack, or forklift. Operates tractor-trailer and yard dog to transport containers and materials between buildings and will drive offsite for fuel, maintenance, etc. as needed. May complete other duties assigned by Supervisor. Class A CDL required.
This is a full time, first shift position with excellent benefits and a pay range of $20.14 - $22.14 per hour.
AAI is the official supplier and partner to USA Gymnastics and the NCAA, as well as a proud partner with the Federation Internationale De Gymnastique (FIG).
Spalding is the largest basketball equipment supplier in the world. As the official backboard of the NBA and NCAA since 2009, this makes them one of the most well-known brands in the industry.
Our Jefferson, Iowa facility has been in operation and supporting our local community since 1954.
Load, unload and transport materials or containers within or near plant, yard, or work site.
• Move materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• Stack or assemble materials into bundles and band together.
• Assemble crates to contain products.
• Load materials and install strapping, bracing, and padding to prevent damage in transit.
• Use an electric hoist to load or move materials.
• Transport product to designated areas with industrial truck.
Transport products and raw materials between buildings with tractor-trailer and yard dog. Drive off-site for fuel and maintenance, as needed.
Enter daily receipts into inventory system to maintain accurate inventory records. Record finished product into and out of permanent store locations.
Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or mark information on cases, bales or other containers.
Make simple adjustments or repairs to product and equipment.
• Class A CDL license required
• Ability to operate powered industrial truck
• Solid computer skills; ability to utilize warehouse inventory system
• Basic math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Ability to read and understand various shipping and receiving documents
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401k.
We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and empowered to contribute equally. We want to foster a culture of belonging for all employees, and we are focused on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent. We believe our differences make us stronger, and for this reason, we are committed to diversity and inclusion practices in our organization
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity